Tuesday, March 15, 2005

all my bags are packed, i'm ready to go

it comes from nowhere, early morning consciousness. i sing softly.

i'm standing here, outside your door

she types in time with me. aagey peeche.

i hate to wake you up to say goodbye

she picks up the thread, i smile inside my ribs.

but the dawn is breaking, it's early morn

we sing together, just below our breaths, enough for someone behind us to hear snatches of it..the sharper end of an 's', the faint click of a 't'.

the taxi's waiting, he's blowing his horn

she trills her end notes. i sing mine straight.

already i'm so lonesome, i could die

our voices sit outside our personalities, whenever we do this. she always stops when i join in, and only sometimes does she step into my songs. i tiptoe around this rare moment.

so kiss me, and smile for me

somehow we sound good when we sing together. ranges mesh, pitches level each other out, her constant keeping a tune keeps my awriness in check and i sing a little louder so she doesn't lower her voice. she's still shy in many ways.

tell me that you'll wait for me

interestingly, we aren't looking at each other. we're checking our mail, reading blogs, starting today's business. we don't need to look. we're singing.

hold me like you'll never let me go

like all fleeting magicks, this one ends too. she gets up, goes to study. i smack her arm ('no!'), she laughs. i'll see her later.

'cause i'm leaving on a jet plane

yay.

Mina at 9:15 AM

10 comments