Saturday, November 20, 2004

Instantly in Love

I held her for the first time yesterday. I know she can't focus just yet, but I'd like to think that she was studying my face. She yawned, and stuck her tongue out at me, and made an O with her mouth. Her hands are tiny starfish, her fingers curling around one of mine like sea anemones. I'm fascinated by her perfection. Her big dark eyes, her small snuggly body that fits perfectly in the crook of my arm. Her little head, her eyelids, her skin. The fact that she breathes and sees and cries, that she was the one kicking that night. I want to write stories for her, funny rhyming songs illustrated with google-eyed furry creatures that make her giggle, tell stories with different voices, horse around with a hose in the garden.
Hello, little one; I love you.

Mina at 11:17 AM

0 comments